Recreation at Providence College > Facility Policies
These policies are in place to promote the safety and well being of all those using the facilities.
Begly Arena Rules
- Sneakers, shorts, sweats, shirts, or other appropriate attire is required.
- NO cleats, spikes, flip-flops, sandals or other such shoes are to be worn.
- NO food or drink.
- NO smoking.
Indoor Track Rules
- Inside lanes are reserved for walkers and slower runners; the outside lanes are to be used for speed workouts and faster runners.
- Inline skates may be worn on the track, but must be put on and taken off in the field house.
- Absolutely no spikes or cleats are permitted on the track.
- Please clean or wipe your shoes before entering the field house.
Cuddy Racquetball/Handball Rules
- Standard safety equipment is strongly recommended when using the courts (eyewear, plastic racquet frames, wrist lanyards, etc.)
- Black-soled or marking shoes are not permitted inside the courts.
- Persons not observing the rules will be subject to loss of privileges.
Locker Room Rules
- Providence College and the Department of Recreational Sports staff cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Lockers are limited for daily use basis only, the Recreational Sports staff reserves the right to cut locks after the closing of each day.
- PLEASE keep the locker areas clean, be respectful to the other members of the Peterson Recreation and Concannon Fitness Centers.