Recreational Sports & Fitness
HOLIDAY BREAK HOURS:
- Monday, 12/17- Friday 12/21: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Taylor Natatorium hours: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, 12/22: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, 12/23- Wednesday, 12/26: CLOSED
- Thursday, 12/27-Friday, 12/28: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday 12/29: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, 12/30- Tuesday, 1/1: CLOSED
- Wednesday, 1/2-Friday, 1/4: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Taylor Natatorium hours: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, 1/5: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, 1/6: CLOSED
- Monday, 1/7- Friday, 1/11: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Taylor Natatorium hours: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, 1/12: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, 1/13: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Normal hours will resume on Monday, January 14th
The Providence College Department of Recreational Sports, as part of a college with roots in the Dominican tradition, strives to contribute to the complete realization of the student as an intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual being.
The department provides for such realization through intentional, safe, and well-managed intramural competitive sports programming, structured recreational events, physical fitness and conditioning activities, support for casual recreational use of fields and facilities, and administrative oversight of recognized sport clubs.
The Recreational Sports programming inspires the virtues of discipline, teamwork, sportsmanship, fairness, and honesty among participants of its programs. Leadership abilities are cultivated and recognized, and where possible, developed as part of the program of team competition and sports club activity, as well as through working at our Recreation and Fitness Centers. The results of the efforts of the program significantly and positively impact all three dimensions: mind, body, and spirit, which are at the heart of the Dominican collegiate experience.